Cleaning the washer - dryer:
Important: Switch off the appliance and unplug it before cleaning. Do not disconnect electrical or functional components without consulting Electrolux in the first place, as it may affect the warranty.
- It is recommended that you clean the appliance with soap and water only.
- Softeners in detergents affect the plastic, making it brittle and scratch it.
- See the user manual to check instructions for maintaining the appliance. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
Carry out a 95°C service wash using a washing machine cleaner to avoid unpleasant smells and marks around the door.
The appliance is now ready to be used again. Check to see whether there are any leaks the first time you run a wash cycle.
Important: The above information is for guidance only. Please also refer to the full instructions in our article section about drain and filter checks.
Cleaning the detergent dispenser:
- It is recommended that you clean because mold and mildew can occasionally build up in it.
Cleaning the washing machine’s seal:
It is recommended that you clean because the rubber seals on washing machines often develop dark or black mold spots.
- You can remove this mold using sodium carbonate crystals, thick bleach or dishwasher cleaner, which helps to dissolve any stubborn mold and soap powder residue.
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves and protective goggles during this cleaning operation.
Cleaning the washing machine externally:
It is recommended that you clean the washing machine with a cloth soaked in a mild universal detergent or washing-up liquid, because washing machines are often manufactured from baked-on enamel.
- Carefully wipe down along the outside of the washing machine.
- You may find that fluff and splashes of washing powder have formed thick, greasy stains on the washing machine.
- A little warm water and a cloth are usually enough to clean up the area.
- Try cleaning in corners and edges using a cotton bud.
Warning: Do not use harsh abrasives!
Problems with hard water:
- If you experience limescale build-up, adding descaler to the detergent may be a feasible solution.
Important: You should not call out an engineer for cleaning advice unless the appliance is displaying an error.
The user manual can provide further assistance. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
You can also visit our Webshop for recommendations regarding cleaning products. (You can visit our Webshop by clicking on the link below).