- Unpleasant, rotten or strong odour in the refrigerator/fridge freezer
- Fridge freezer
1. Store strong-smelling foodstuffs in airtight containers
2 Carefully clean the shelves, door seal and inside with a suitable anti-bacterial disinfectant/cleaning agent.
You can find suitable cleaning and care products in our Service Points
3. Clean the drip tray situated above the compressor at the rear of the appliance
4. Rotten odours can be removed by first cleaning the inside of the appliance with a damp cloth.
Spread yoghurt over the inside of the appliance and allow the lactic acid bacteria to work and remove the rotting bacteria. Rinse the yoghurt off after approx. 12 hours.
5. Keep strong-smelling foodstuffs away from other foodstuffs such as milk, eggs and cheese, which easily absorb odours from other foodstuffs (e.g. lemons, onions, smoked products)
6. If the power supply has been cut off at any point, this may be the cause of the odour and the food will be spoiled.