Humming / whistling sounds are normal and may always occur when using induction. Sounds described as “saucepan noise” (can be sourced from the bottom / base of the saucepan) are likely to be expected at the higher power settings.
- The sound level / characteristics depend on the saucepan used.
- Different saucepans will produce different sounds.
- The more magnetic metal there is in the bottom of the saucepan, the quieter the saucepan will be.
- Cast iron saucepans often produce weak / quiet sounds.
Other sounds can also occur when using induction:
A ticking sound:
- The sound occurs when the relay is used to switch on / off the heat.
Sounds caused by moisture under the saucepan / frying pan:
- Ensure that the hot plate is dry.
- Clean the saucepan / frying pan immediately if it boils over.
Noises from the cooling fan:
- Cooling fans cool the electronics during use of the hot plate.
- The fan tends to only come on when the temperature reaches a set value.
For more information refer to the user manual. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.
When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:
- Model number
- Product number (PNC)
- ELC number
- Serial number
Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
- Report error code: HR
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
You can request a visit by one of our engineers by clicking on the link below.