- There is frost or ice on the sides and edges of my freezer
- Upright freezer
1. Defrost the freezer
- You can find detailed information in the user manual.
- You can download user manual here.
- In freezers with frost-free technology, ice will thaw automatically.
- If the freezer is not a frost-free model, you must defrost it yourself as required.
2. Avoid opening the door too often or leaving the door open for extended periods of time
3. Set the temperature to approx. -18°C
- Check the temperature with a thermometer in a glass of cooking oil placed as close to the door as possible.
- Take a temperature reading after approx. 12 hours.
4. Always store foodstuff in aluminium foil or airtight containers
5. Ensure the freezer is adequately ventilated, as shown in your user manual or installation instructions
6. Make sure that the door seal on the edge of the door is attached properly
- Check the door seals are working properly by closing a sheet of paper in the door, then pulling it out.
- If you can pull it out with no resistance, the doors do not close properly and the seals should be replaced.
7. Ensure the door seal is clean
The seal can be cleaned using a damp cloth and a small amount of cleaning agent.
8. Check whether the door seal is deformed
If this is the case, the problem can usually be resolved by warming it for a few seconds using a hairdryer and then trying to stretch the rubber out.
WARNING! Do not overheat the door seal, otherwise you may damage both the seal and the door.
9. Check the hinges and replace any defective hinge parts
10. Contact an Authorized Service Centre
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
- It is normal for frost and ice to form in freezers. Ice is formed when the door is opened and moist air is drawn into the appliance.
- Proper installation and use of your freezer will help save energy and protect the environment.
- Unwrapped foodstuff release a large amount of moisture and increase the volume of ice inside the appliance.