1. My fridge / freezer smells, how do I remove the smell?
Electrolux sells special odor absorbers for refrigerators / freezers. You can find further information on these odor absorbers in our webshop. You can also buy them online here.
2. Why can not I find my fridge / freezer on the website?
On the website only the models of our current series can be seen. If you can not find your model, it could be an older or special model. Please contact your dealer for more information.
3. My fridge / freezer shows an error code. What does it mean?
The error codes have different meanings depending on the problem. With our Troubleshooter you can find an error code and find out how to fix the problem .
4. What are the symbols on my refrigerator / freezer?
If you are not sure of the meaning of the symbols on your device, you can always check the manual supplied. If you do not have your manual, you can download a digital version here.
5. My fridge / freezer does not work. Who can I contact regarding the repair of the refrigerator / freezer?
6. Where can I find the manual for my fridge / freezer?
Keep the model and product number by hand, you can simply download a new manual here.
7. The energy consumption meter shows too much consumption. What should I do?
The conditions for an energy consumption measurement are precisely defined in the standard. Deviations of the data on the energy consumption on the energy cable are possible and can be due to the installation conditions and the use of the device as well as to the measuring instrument itself. When despite a suitable measuring instrument and household use by a marked increase in consumption, we recommend here to order a service technician who checks your device and can fix upon a defect.
8. Water runs down from the refrigerator door. What should I do?
Possible causes are, for example, that the opening in the V-shaped channel (depending on the model) is clogged. However, the opening must always be free to allow the water to drain freely. Tip: Clean the opening regularly with a whistle cleaner. A further possibility would be that several foodstuffs with a high moisture content are stored in the refrigerator unpacked. Store fruits and vegetables only in the designated vegetable trays. In addition, it is possible that when the door is left open for too long, moisture can get into the refrigerator due to the high moisture content in the air due to warmer room temperatures during the summer months. If, despite compliance with these tips, the water inside the refrigerator is so large that it runs out of the refrigerator door, we advise you here a service technician to order.
9. Why does my fridge make water drops on the back wall?
The refrigerator is equipped with a defrosting system. It works as follows:
When the refrigerator is opened, warm room air enters. Warm air contains moisture, which, when cooled, precipitates as water droplets in cold places in the refrigerator. Since the back wall in the interior is one of the coldest places, most of the water droplets are also deposited there. These can also freeze. If the compressor is not running, the rear wall heats up and the water drops can drain downwards. Via the opening in the V-shaped channel, you get directly into the evaporation tray on the back of the refrigerator. This is located directly above the compressor. If the compressor runs, the shell heats up and the water evaporates. You can find more tips on handling here.
Water drops on the back wall of the refrigerator are normal. If the droplets build up into a thick layer of ice, this can indicate a defect in the device. Then we recommend here to order a service technician who checks your device and can fix upon a defect.
10. My refrigerator is iced. What should I do?
When the refrigerator is opened, warm room air enters. Warm air contains moisture, which, when cooled, precipitates as water droplets in cold places in the refrigerator. The back wall in the interior is one of the coldest places, and most of the drops of water are deposited there. These can also freeze. However, if a millimeter-thick layer of ice is formed, this may be due to the fact that the door is open for too long, the door is not closed properly, hot food is cooled in the refrigerator, a defect is present or a seal is defective or in one place is pressed. More information can be found here.
If these tips do not help you, we recommend you here a service technician to order your device and repair it in case of a defect.
11. Why is my freezer freezing?
If the door of the freezer is opened, warm air enters the room. Warm air contains moisture, which accumulates as ice when cooled in the freezer compartment. Depending on the room temperature, frequency and duration of the door opening, a differently strong ice layer can arise. As a rule, it is enough to defrost and clean the freezer once or twice a year. If a thick layer of ice builds up within a very short time, the following may be the reasons:
- The door was open for too long.
- Door does not close properly. This can happen if the furniture front has not been installed properly in a built-in unit.
- Hot food was chilled in the freezer.
- There is a defect in the unit.
- The seal is broken or crushed at one point.
12 . How do I turn off my freezer compartment?
If the door of the freezer is opened, warm room air enters. Warm air contains moisture, which accumulates as ice when cooled in the freezer compartment. Depending on the room temperature, frequency and duration of the door opening, a differently strong ice layer can arise. As a rule, it is enough to defrost and clean the freezer once or twice a year. If an ice layer of approx. 3-5mm has formed, thaw the appliance as follows:
- Remove all food from the freezer compartment and keep it in a cool place for a short period of time, for example, in newspaper in good condition.
- Disconnect the device from the power supply. Place a suitable container underneath the appliance, such as a deep baking tray, to collect the dew water.
- Depending on the model: Plug the plastic scraper supplied into the slot in the bottom of the freezer so that the condensation water can drain into the collecting vessel.
- To speed up defrosting, place a bowl of hot water in the oven and close the door. When pieces of ice have loosened, remove them.
Do not use sharp objects to scrape the ice. They could damage the backboard irreparably. If the appliance is completely defrosted, clean it. Then turn the unit back on. Use the FROSTMATIC function, if available. Further information can be found in the user guide, which you can download here.
13. My fridge / freezer smells, how do I remove the odour?
Electrolux sells special odour absorbers designed for your fridge / freezer. Take a look at our webshop for more information about these odour absorbers. You can also purchase them online here.
14. Why can’t I find my fridge / freezer on the website?
The site only displays our current range of models. If you can’t find your model it may be older or a specialty model - please contact your dealer for further information.
15. How old is my fridge / freezer?
You can determine the age of your model by looking at the serial number on the nameplate. The first number indicates the year of manufacture, and the second and third digits indicate the production week. For example, 13500016: week 35 in 2001.
16. I have an error code on my fridge / freezer. What does that mean?
The error codes have different meanings depending on the issue that you are experiencing. Use our Troubleshooter to find a specific error code and learn how it can be resolved.
17. What do the symbols on my fridge / freezer mean?
If you are unsure about the meaning behind the symbols on your machine you can always refer to the instruction manual that accompanied your appliance. If you do not have access to your manual you can download a digital version here.
18. Where can I find the manual for my fridge / freezer?
With your model and product number at hand you can easily download a new manual here.