1. How do I clean my oven?
The aluminum parts can be cleaned with a normal soap solution. The stainless steel parts can be cleaned with a special cleaning agent, which is available in our webshop. Exceptions are surfaces made of stainless steel with AntiFingerPrint coating: these can not be cleaned with stainless steel cleaners as the detergents attack the surface. Clean AntiFingerPrint surfaces with a soft cloth and soap solution.
2. Why can not I find my oven on the website?
On the website only the models of our current series can be seen. If you can not find your model, it could be an older or special model. Please contact your dealer for more information.
3. My oven displays an error code. What does it mean?
The error codes have different meanings depending on the problem. With our Troubleshooter you can find an error code and find out how to fix the problem.
4. What are the symbols on my oven?
If you are not sure of the meaning of the symbols on your device, you can always check the manual supplied. If you do not have your manual, you can download a digital version here.
5. My oven does not work. Who can I contact regarding the repair of the stove?
If you can not solve your problem with our Troubleshooter, we will be happy to send you a licensed service technician. Fill out the form to make an appointment.
6. Where can I find the manual for my oven?
Keep the model and product number by hand, you can simply download a new manual here.
7. The oven lighting does not start with the heating mode "humid hot air". What is the reason?
In the case of "humid hot air", the oven lighting remains off. This function can not be changed. Your oven is technically correct and there is no fault on the appliance.
8. With the "Hot air grills" heating mode, the fan does not run continuously. Why?
The oven function "hot air grills" or "infrabrates" is suitable for frying large pieces of meat or for baking on one level. The fan and grill are alternating and not simultaneously in operation. There is therefore no shortage of your device.
9. The lighting does not go on with the "EcoBrats" type of heating. What is the reason?
In order to save energy, the oven lighting does not work with the heating system "EcoBrats". Your oven is technically all right. There is no fault on the device.
10. The lighting does not go on with the heating type "Eco-steam". What is the reason?
In order to save energy, the "Oekamp" heating system does not require oven lighting. Your oven is technically all right. There is no fault on the device.
11. General notes on pyrolysis
In the case of pyrolysis, soiling at approx. 500 ° C is smoldered in the oven interior. Vapors of food residues can be released in minimal quantities. During pyrolysis, the door is locked because of the high temperatures. After the pyrolysis, you can easily wipe the residue with a damp cloth. Depending on the type of fouling and equipment, it can be chosen between three differently long programs.
Before you start the pyrolysis:
- Read the instructions for pyrolysis in your operating instructions. Download here.
- Remove all suspension grilles and accessories from the unit. Do not place any other objects, such as pans, pots or anything else in the oven.
- Remove all major dirt, oil and grease deposits.
- Clean the inside of the door with hot water to prevent the hot air from getting stuck.
- Ensure good ventilation during and after the pyrolysis. Especially animals (especially birds) should be in a well-ventilated area during this time. Some birds and reptiles can react very sensitively to the fumes. Small animals also react during the pyrolysis to the local temperature fluctuations.
- Do not start the pyrolysis until the door is fully closed.
In our ovens and ovens, fumes emanating from the pyrolysis are safe for people, including children and people with health problems.
12. What to do with a uneven baking result?
A non-uniform baking result can occur if the settings are not optimally adapted to the type of pastry. Refer to the instructions for use (download here) of your oven or oven for extensive baking tables. Depending on the type of pastry, these contain information on the recommended type of heating, the temperature setting and the insertion level.
13. The baking sheet deforms upon heating. What is the reason?
In rare cases it may happen that baking sheets deform on heating and, after cooling, return to the original shape. This is due to large temperature differences and uneven heating in the sheet metal. To avoid this, place the baking tray evenly, use appropriate shapes for round pizzas or similar foods and place them on the grate, and if the recipe is preheated, always heat it without metal.
14. In my oven there are spots after the pyrolysis. What to do?
These permanent color changes in the enamel can, for example, be caused by fruit juices or greasy impurities in combination with high temperatures. These spots can not be removed. These are usage traces. They have no influence on the usability of the device and are not a defect. Recommendations on how to prevent these discolourations can be found here.
15. Why does condensate form on the back door?
Causes of condensation are:
- The flock of the new generation has a very good energy efficiency class and is therefore well insulated. In daily use, this means that, for example, less water must be added during the preparation of roasts because the moisture remains predominantly in the oven and is not blown out as in the case of older herds.
- An additional cooling fan in the oven or stove ensures a cool front. As moisture condenses at the coldest point as condensation, water droplets are often observed on the back of the oven. To keep the condensation as low as possible, we recommend to reduce the supply of moisture during the preparation of food, to open the door immediately after the end of the preparation process, to remove the food immediately after switching off the oven and to pre-heat the oven (depending on model).
16. The temperature display in the display differs from the measured temperature. Why?
With all our current ovens and ovens equipped with a display for the temperature display, the deviation of the actual temperature from the displayed in the display is only a few degrees Celsius. If larger deviations are detected with an external thermometer, this can be due to the measuring method. Factors of influence are the position at which the temperature was measured, the time at which the temperature was measured, and the type and accuracy of the thermometer. In order to be able to assess whether a fault is present on the appliance, we recommend that you observe the instructions given in the instructions for use of the oven or cooker when preparing the food. (Download here) Succeed not in spite of compliance with the recommendations, the food, we recommend here to order a service technician.
17. The display shows Pyr. Why?
The indication Pyr indicates that the pyrolytic self-cleaning should be carried out. It depends on the operating time, the most recently used oven functions and the selected setting temperature. It is independent of the actual degree of pollution. To delete the display Pyr for a certain time, press "-" and "+" simultaneously as long as the indicator flashes. For some devices, the display shows the third time, the pyrolysis has to be performed. To permanently delete the display, start the pyrolysis. Observe the instructions on the operating instructions. Further information can be found above: General notes on pyrolysis and spots after pyrolysis.
18. Why is the steam low in the case of intermittent steam or dampened gases?
If one of the mentioned steam functions is switched on, a duration of at least 30 minutes and thus also the program sequence is set manually. A consistently good baking result is obtained only if the initial conditions are always identical. The prerequisite is that the program always starts in a cold oven. If the appliance is warm, there is no steam on the front panel, due to the high internal temperature. Before using any of the above steam functions, allow the oven to cool to room temperature.
19. After a short power failure, Demo will appear in the display and the unit will not heat up. What should I do?
After power failure or after the fuse has been taken out, the display shows Demo without setting the demo mode manually. The various types of heating, the temperature or other settings can be made, but the appliance does not heat up. To deactivate the demo mode, proceed as follows:
Switch on the device and select Menu with the rotary selector. Press the knob to confirm your selection. Rotate the rotary selector clockwise to Basic Settings (last menu item). Confirm by pressing the knob. Rotate the rotary selector to Service (last menu item). Confirm again. Select the first option "Demo Mode on". Confirm again. To deactivate the demo mode, enter the number sequence "2 4 6 8". First select 2 and confirm your selection by pressing. Proceed with the following numbers as well.
After the demo mode is switched off, all settings are reset to factory settings. For example, the time of day, brightness of the display, etc. must be reset as described in the usage instructions (download here). If this approach does not lead to success, we recommend here to order a service technician who checks your device.
20. The display shows C4. What does that mean?
The message C4 appears when the plus steam button is pressed and pyrolysis is selected with the rotary selector switch. Note: The plus steam button is only lit when the plus steam button is activated and the "hot air with steam" heating mode is selected at the same time as the rotary selector. More information can be found here. The C4 indicator disappears when the plus steam button is pressed again. The oven can now be used as usual.